Saturday, January 24, 2015

All about the finish ...

In my quest to use fabric in my stash I've been making tables runners, coasters and mug rugs from scraps, and leaning different ways of finishing the edges ... more on that when the pieces have been quilted.  

This activity fitted well with my 2015 word 'choice'  ...  that's what I'll have from now on when finishing a quilted project.


Here's the first piece, just enough space for a mug and a chocolate  ... yes, it's wonky. I like to think that's its charm!!!








Meanwhile, I made a small bag from a kit bought at The Knitting and Stitching Show. It has a top closing hinge and will hold all my sewing smalls. 







And at last I found a pillow to fit the felted cover made from two woollen sweaters that the moths decided to nibble at last winter.  The squares are held together with running, blanket and cross stitch using left over yarn. Joyous recycling.


Some good poetry news this week with acceptances from Clear Poetry, London Grip and The Camel Saloon.   The ever wonderful and continuing 52poems prompt which is now posted by Norman Hadley encouraged us to write about our interests. No surprise then that I've just posted a quilters poem for the group's feedback. 



No comments:

Post a Comment